The End Of The Best Diet Plan

If you’re reading this, then it appears that you’ve made it all the way to the end of my free (and awesome) guide to creating The Best Diet Plan. Sweet!

At this point, I have just 4 things left to say.

1. Congrats!

First of all… congratulations are in order.

You’ve now learned more about diet, nutrition, and how to get the results you want than the majority of the population will ever learn in their lifetime. Congrats!

2. Put It To Use!

I hope you liked the guide and actually use what you’ve learned to create the diet plan that will work best for you and your specific goal.

Because honestly, reading and learning and understanding is great and all, but the only way it’s truly going to work is if you actually put it into action. So… do that.

3. But Wait, There’s MORE! So Much More!

Believe it or not, I still have a TON of information to share with you here at A Calorie Counter.

While The Best Diet Plan was pretty damn comprehensive, there actually is a whole lot of stuff that I purposely left out, skipped over or just felt didn’t fit right as a part of this guide.

And the more I think about, the more I realize just how much additional important and useful stuff there is to say about diet, nutrition, supplements, losing fat, building muscle, and really just improving your diet, your health and the way your body looks or performs.

Luckily, I fully plan on sharing all of it right here on a regular basis. To make sure you never miss any of it, be sure to subscribe to A Calorie Counter via email using the form directly below this article or on the top right side of this page.

You can also subscribe via RSS if you prefer it.

4. Give Me Your Feedback!

And last but not least, I want to hear your feedback. In fact, I want 3 different kinds of feedback.

1. First, I want to know what you thought of the guide.
    I want to know what you liked best, what section was most useful, what you wish I covered in more detail or explained better, what you felt was missing (if anything), and basically your thoughts and opinions on the guide itself.
  2. Second, I want to answer your questions.
    If you had any questions about any aspect of diet or nutrition, creating your diet plan, reaching your specific goal (losing fat, building muscle, etc.), or anything else while reading any part of this guide, just leave a comment below and ask me. I will answer.
  3. Third, I want to hear how well it’s working for you.
    Once you start using the information contained in this guide, guess what’s going to happen? You’re going to start getting the results you want. Sounds good, huh? Trust me… it is. And when that starts happening for you, I want to hear all about it in the comments below.

The End

Well, that’s about it.

Once again I hope you liked the guide (and if you did, be sure to tell your friends about it) and I hope you actually use what you’ve learned from it.

I also hope you subscribe because I plan on writing similarly awesome and useful guides in the future.

And again, if you have any questions, comments, feedback or just want to tell me how well it’s working for you, just leave a comment below.

Enjoy your results.

(This article is part of a completely free and amazingly awesome guide to creating the absolute best diet plan possible for your exact goal and preferences. Check out the entire guide here: The Best Diet Plan)

image description Comments (875)

Leave Reply
  • yuliet April 20, 2014 at 12:55 am

Congratulations on such a amazing article. You have cleared so many doubts. Loved it!!!!!

• Mike F April 25, 2014 at 7:18 pm

First I wanna say thanks! I have been working out for a few years now and have always ate decent, but never fully understood all the details on nutrition, counting calories/macros and what exactly my body needs. I also hate reading…but the way you wrote this was amazing and kept me interested 100% of the time. It was like we were actually talking face to face. I was actually kinda bummed it was over when I got done reading through it all haha. The layout, details and everything about this guide are great and I have learned so much and plan on continuing to use what I have learned. I guess the only question I have right now is…I have my caloric surplus set and have been sticking to that for about a week so far now and still feel hungry at times haha but I don’t wanna keep eating and take in too many calories (I am 5’7 163 lbs and in pretty good shape, not fat). So do I just fight the hunger or raise my calories by a small amount?

Again thanks for this amazing guide!

• ACalorieCounter May 06, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Ha, glad to hear it dude!

And yes, definitely be slow and gradual with changes to your calorie intake. Adjust a little, wait a couple of weeks to see if your weight moves in the right direction at the ideal rate it should, and if it does… awesome. If it doesn’t, adjust again.

• Luis April 26, 2014 at 5:46 am

All I can say is that your article was precisely what I was looking for. You coverred so many details about diet plans and also cleared so many doubts.
    I’ve always been a skinny guy and as soon as I read the parts you were talking about the calorie intake, I completely understood the reason. Although I’m on a good weight for my age, I’ve never eaten enough to gain weight and build muscle. I started to do that properly and the results came very quickly. In about one month my friends were asking me “Man, how many years have you been to the gym?” and it drew a huge smile on my face.
    Thank you so much! Keep on your amazing work!

• Wade Maves April 27, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Hey thank you for all the helpful information.
    My question is what is your opinion on test boosters and if so what brands would you recommend?
    And also how vital is it to take BCAA’s while working out.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

• ACalorieCounter May 06, 2014 at 6:53 pm

“Test boosters” are shit.

BCAAs are useless if you’re consuming a sufficient amount of protein each day and not training fasted.

• J April 29, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I just want to get this part straight

210×16 = 2940cal to Maintain
    To lose @ 20% deficit
    2940×20% = 588cal/day

So I should be eating ~2352 calories per day? Im using myfitnesspal.com and its telling me I should be having 1950/day. 350/day difference is a ~3lbs per month swing. If I had those extra 350cal/day I could take a protein shake or something or eat more chicken to raise my protein intake which from what ive read will help me as my protein is usually around or less than .5g per lb (as low as 40g and as high as 290g in the last 80 days but usually around 100g)

I believe im counting correctly, Im also drinking plenty of water and taking Fishoil/VitaminD(im inside 90% of the day), and Creatine.

I do cardio 2x a week and weight training 3x a week so now im worried that ive been under eating for quite sometime and its been detrimental rather than helpful.

• ACalorieCounter May 06, 2014 at 6:54 pm

These are just estimated calorie intake starting points. Pick an amount, eat it consistently and monitor what happens. If you’re losing weight at an ideal rate, awesome. If not, adjust until you are.

• M. Hawthorne May 01, 2014 at 7:14 am

This is the best diet plan article/booklet, etc ever. I’ve read a few and I have tried several plans over the years and I just could not make them work for me and I could not finish them. I believe it is the way I think about dieting and this is the only thing that I’ve read that totally makes sense to me. You uncover a lot of mystery, confusing, convoluted theories, etc. They way it has been broken down in “The Best Diet” is the way it makes sense to me and other thinking people (blind followers just try to make it work for them because someone said it’s suppose to and if it doesn’t it’s their fault), it’s simple but powerful facts, is workable/doable and it’s freedom from the mindless regiments. I love it – now I’m off to lose some fat and excess weight.

• ACalorieCounter May 06, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Exactly what I love to hear!

Be sure to update again and let me know how well you’re doing.

• Amy May 01, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Hello,
    Thank you so much for all this information! I have read TONS of sites and yours is truly the most helpful. I loved how you explained everything on a level I could understand. The extensive detail you provided made me understand the why’s of having a good diet. Where as the other sites just stated “do it because I said so”. I have signed up on your mailing list and I am extremely excited to see what is next!!!! Lastly,you also made me laugh!!! Very enjoyable to read.

• John May 01, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Thank you. Everything explained nice and simple. I have spent the last 4-5 hours going through this and taking notes. Now to put it into action.

• Cam May 03, 2014 at 3:23 am

If all you want is fat loss and not particularly stressing on muscle maintenance (but also not completely not caring about that either), can I just do cardio instead of weight training if I don’t have the time and place to do so?

• ACalorieCounter May 06, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Sufficient protein intake + weight training = ideal scenario for muscle maintenance.

So if you won’t have the weight training, at least have the protein.

• GG May 07, 2014 at 3:06 am

Wow, a long journey of reading through all these valuable information and soaking it in. At last I’m done and ready to see the magic of it. Good article. Very helpful. My question is, I’ve been using your work out routine for intermediates for about 3 months but I recently read your article about losing fat first if my body fat is over 12-15%. I think my body fat currently is 20% so I decided to get on a calorie deficit to lose fat. Should I just keep on working out the way I’ve been? I don’t wanna lose muscle whatsoever. Also, I think it would’ve been somewhat helpful if you’ve added information on amount of protein or carbs most common food contains. Like say, 1lb chicken breast contains so many grams of protein. I don’t know those numbers and would like to know. There are different informations out that could confuse people. I find you as the most reliable. Thanks again!

• ACalorieCounter May 24, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Yes, definitely continue lifting correctly in a deficit. If you don’t, you will lose muscle. Read this.

As for the nutritional contents of various foods… have you seen this?

• Shadag May 07, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Hello,

I’m a 22 years old male who’s 6″10 and weights 135Ibs. My overall body type is rather slim, and my arms and legs are skinny. However, I’ve got quite much belly fat, which I obviously want to get rid of.

I started going over your guide and the basic thing it pointed is – you want to cut weight, don’t eat more than you outake. You want to gain muscle, you eat more than you outake.

My question is, how does one do both? What do I do if I want to gain arm muscles & cut belly fat?

Thanks!

• Alex May 08, 2014 at 12:45 am

Thank you so much for all this information! I have been training and recording my calories intake for the last few months and have lost about 18 pounds now. I was stubborn and did not want my trainer to give me any nutritionnal plan (pre-made) because I think I should be enjoying my meals and eat what i like when I like. Your article gave me enough confidence in my method to ontinue to refuse my trainer insistant meal plan proposal. After reading your article , I found out I ate not enough protein and i will adjust this amount. My other food choices were mostly good (mostly, because I do use the cheat meals!), if not great. I think your method is the key to the ‘dropping diet’ and gaining weight again problem. It is simple and as long as you take the time to write down your calories intake, it is the kind of diet you can follow all your life without dropping :-)

• JF May 16, 2014 at 3:27 am

Hi Jay,

1 – whats your view on alcohol in regards to fat loss? I searched the site but didnt see anything. i am trying to bust my skinny fat belly – and i do drink neat whiskey – 4-5 shots on the rocks every night.

2. how does a skinny fat person lose fat? Thin arms and legs, moderate strength, probably weak back and core – and yes – a non-relenting BELLY fat – adipose tissue thats there like a small mellon hidden under the belt.

• ACalorieCounter May 24, 2014 at 3:32 pm

1. Sane amounts of alcohol in moderation that fit into your total calorie/macronutrient intake is fine from time to time. Excessive amounts can certainly be not-so-fine.

2. The same way everyone else loses fat, they are no different.

• JF May 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Hi Jay,

you’ve busted a lot of myths about food timing etc.

1 – is there an effect of eating a lot at one time. as long as a daily caloric deficit is maintained. an example – skip breakfast. train hard. eat jumbo carb lunch soon after. snack in the evening and a late but medium dinner.

2. Alcohol – whats the negative effect of a few shots of neat alcohol like whiskey every night with dinner?

Thanks.

• ACalorieCounter May 24, 2014 at 3:33 pm

1. It’s fine. What you’re describing is basically intermittent fasting. Look up something called Leangains.

2. See my reply to your previous comment.

• Isa May 29, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Hello you! Not sure if you are a boy or a girl, but you have answered every question. So much information, so many opportunities to be misled, but not here! I am on vacation in Italy, sticking by my calculated calorie defecit, and was just wondering if you could clear this tiny question up for me. When I go for a jog, or better yet lift according to your alternating three day full body workout for beginners ( like me ) do i calculate the calories i burn and eat them? From what i understood of your explenation i should always stick by my 20 percent cal defecit, and working out should not be an addition but rather means of acheiving this defecit. But what if i am already a moderatley active person? I work seven hours on my feet seven days a week, stay up late with my friends and am planning on hiking swimming and moving outdoors as much as possible. I guess my question is when do i begin to count my burned calories? Hope this makes sense, you, regardless of gender, are the most helpful rational non emotional or money based health website i have found. Thank you truly, from the bottom of me heart!

• ACalorieCounter May 31, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Short answer: ensure fat loss is happening at the rate it should be. If it is, keep doing what you’re doing. If it isn’t, adjust.

Long answer.

• hangar18 June 01, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Thank you for the fantastic information! It is well-written, easy to follow, makes sense, and most importantly, it works! I have lost 25 pounds in 2 months by monitoring my caloric intake and increasing the amount of protein I consume as you outline.

My question for you is regarding those who seem to defy the laws of physics. Namely, my 15-year old nephew who can down an entire box of pizza and a 2-liter of soda in one meal and still be hungry afterwards. He likely consumes over 5,000 calories a day but is skinny as hell. How is this possible? Is it simply due to an extra high metabolism and young age?

• ACalorieCounter June 01, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Pretty much describes me at 15. Certainly his age plays a big role here. But it’s a lot of factors (including the fact that he probably doesn’t eat quite as much as you assume he does on a daily basis).

For details, check out this article of mine, and scroll waaaay down to the heading “What Makes Our Metabolism So Fast & Our Calorie Needs So High?”

• Steve June 05, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Fanatstic work!

• Jeri June 08, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Thank you for doing all of this amazing work to help us out here to find the path to be our very best. I Freaking LOVE you for this!

• Bret June 10, 2014 at 4:22 am

What’s your opinion on intermittent fasting?

• ACalorieCounter June 10, 2014 at 10:54 pm

It can be great for some people from a diet adherence standpoint. Other than that, there is nothing all that special about it whatsoever with all else being equal.

• Richard Valenti June 14, 2014 at 1:04 pm

These series of articles distills the facts of nutrition and diet better than anything I have read. I only wish someone (?) would cut and paste all of it to produce an awesome ebook or pdf.

• ACalorieCounter June 17, 2014 at 10:02 pm

That’s actually something that has been on my to-do list for a while now. I’ll get around to it one day.

• melody June 16, 2014 at 2:02 pm

i will start with this right away.this is the only article i come across and that is very clear straight to the point .i always here the calories we take in is important but never got to know how much excecly i need to take in per day.excellent job

• mac June 17, 2014 at 6:35 pm

What happens on rest day, calories in but no calories out, coz u are resting..?
    Will you put on more weight or fats since you are not gonna burn any calories on these rest days.?

• ACalorieCounter June 17, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Your body still burns tons of calories just keeping you alive and functioning. So even if you don’t work out, you still burn plenty of calories on rest days.

• David June 17, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Hello,

Great article, comprehensive and to the point well done, I am lucky to have found it. I have a question;
    I have read in other articles that for any muscle growth to show, you need to get rid of fat over the said muscles. The thing is how do you know you need to lose fat first when I have a good BMI index? I am neither over nor underweight. Is it simply the fact that I don’t need to lose fat and just get along with building muscle?

Thank you.

• Leon Isaih June 18, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Thank you for this guide. It has clarified a lot of muddled comments I have read in the past. It’s great to find a guide that is about weight GAIN rather than blessing on about eat less move more. I still need to find a practical way to apply calorie counting to real life when I am not the one doing the shopping OR the cooking and sharing prepared meals with a family. Anyone in this situation with hints?

• ACalorieCounter June 21, 2014 at 6:52 pm

This is the kind of thing that will need a full article to properly cover. Consider it added to my to-do list.

• Cecilia June 18, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I stumbled on this article, and site, while searching for the best way to calculate my maintenance calories. I couldn’t stop reading, even past the figure out the calories part. I would occasionally say out loud “this guy is awesome”! Seriously, everything you write makes perfect sense and is exactly what I’ve been thinking about “dieting” and weight loss. But I have still been guilty of getting caught up in all the different beliefs and thinking that I’m doing something wrong because the X diet says so. Recently I’ve started my quest of losing 15-20 lbs, by cutting calories. Not restricting any type of food, just eating sensibly and keeping to my calorie limit. Guess what, it’s working! And if I ever get distracted by any other weird theory again, I’m making myself come back and read this so you can set me straight again :) Way to go!!

• ACalorieCounter June 21, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Now that’s exactly what I love to hear.

Definitely keep me updated on your progress if you can!

1 6 7 8